Georgian cuisine is very diverse and interesting, like Georgia itself. Only sauces are worth. Traditional Georgian tkemali sauce can complement any dish and make it unusual and savory. This sauce is usually served with meat and poultry. But not less well it is combined with any side dishes. In this article I would like to consider some classic cooking options for tkemali in Georgian with a photo.
The secrets of cooking delicious tkemali
To make the sauce incredibly aromatic and tasty, you need to follow simple rules:
- For the preparation of suitable plum or cherry plum of any color. The main thing is that the fruits are not very firm, but at the same time not overripe.
- Not all spices are suitable for this preparation. Best of all tkemali complements hot pepper, coriander and hops-suneli. The combination of these seasonings will give the sauce the desired flavor and aroma.
- For some recipes you need to clear the plum from the skin. To do this, you just need to scald the berries with boiling water or soak them in hot water for a few minutes. After such procedures, the skin is easily removed from the cherry plum.
- It is not advisable to cook the sauce for too long. Because of this, taste will only suffer, and the vitamins will simply evaporate.
- Since tkemali has a natural composition, it is allowed to use a non-sharp blank even for children. Of course, not independently, but with the main course.
The classic recipe tkemali of yellow cherry plum
It is very rare to find traditional tkemali. Most often, chefs add to the sauce all kinds of spices and vegetables that make it only better. All existing recipes simply do not count. Therefore, we consider only the most popular classic sauce preparation options that even inexperienced chefs can do.
Yellow plum starts to ripen in late June. It is necessary not to miss this moment and be sure to cook a tasty billet out of it for the winter. From the yellow plum tkemali it turns out very bright and attractive. To prepare this sunny dish you need the following ingredients:
- ripe yellow cherry plum - one kilogram;
- garlic - two or three heads;
- food salt to taste;
- granulated sugar - about 50 grams;
- hot red pepper - one medium pod;
- a bunch of fresh cilantro or 50 grams dry;
- a bunch of fresh dill;
- ground coriander - one teaspoon.
Cooking Georgian Sauce:
- Cherry plums and dried on a towel. Then we extract the seeds from the berries and skip the fruit through a meat grinder. Or you can quickly grind plum with a blender.
- Pour the fruit puree into a saucepan with a thick bottom, add sugar and salt to the same place and set the container on fire. In this form of mashed potatoes should cook for about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, you can peel the garlic, wash the herbs and prepare the necessary spices. Garlic can also be crushed with a blender, and finely chopped greens with a knife.
- After 8 minutes, add all prepared ingredients to the boiling mixture. Mix everything well and cook for a couple of minutes.
- At this stage, you need to try the sauce for salt and spices. You can add to your taste what is lacking.
- Then you can begin to seame the sauce. It is poured hot on sterilized jars and bottles (glass). The containers are then closed with sterilized lids.
Tip! You can leave a little sauce and eat it after cooling.
Georgian recipe tkemali sauce in a slow cooker
Most housewives are already so accustomed to multicookers that they practically do not use pots or pans. Tkemali sauce can also be easily and quickly prepared using this wonderful device. But for this you need a special recipe that will help the billet to preserve its taste and savory smell.
To prepare tkemali in a slow cooker, you need to prepare:
- any plums (can be slightly greenish) - one kilogram;
- fresh garlic - at least 6 cloves;
- hot red pepper - one pod;
- 70% vinegar - per liter of tkemali one teaspoon;
- one bunch of parsley and dill;
- hops-suneli - 2 or 3 tablespoons;
- salt and sugar to your liking.
This sauce is prepared as follows:
- Plums, dill, parsley and peeled garlic are washed under running water and spread on a colander to drain all excess liquid.
- Then we remove the bone from each berry.
- All prepared ingredients are placed in a slow cooker, then grind the contents with a blender. If you are afraid to damage the bowl, then chop the plums with greens and garlic in a separate container.
- Now you need to add to the mass of salt, all prepared spices, sugar and salt. Also, if desired, throw chopped hot peppers.
- We turn on the mode “Quenching” and cook the billet for at least 1.5 hours.
- When the billet is ready, pour the hot sauce over the sterilized cans and roll up the tin sterilized lids.
- The containers are turned over, wrapped in a blanket and waited until the preservation is completely cooled. Then the banks can be moved to a cool place or stored in the refrigerator.
Attention! In the right conditions, the workpiece can be stored for at least 2 years.
How to cook tkemali with bell pepper
The main ingredient in the sauce is plums. But not only depends on them what the taste of this Georgian delicacy will be. Much depends on all sorts of additives. For example, a very tasty billet can be prepared with the addition of tomatoes, bell peppers and apples of different varieties. Many cook tkemali with Bulgarian pepper. This vegetable has an unusual flavor that makes the popular sauce only tastier.
So, first prepare the necessary components:
- any plum or cherry plum - one kilogram;
- sweet pepper - 0.4 kilograms;
- fresh garlic - two heads;
- hot red pepper - two pods;
- spices and seasonings to your taste;
- granulated sugar and salt.
You can prepare tkemali from plum and pepper as follows:
- First you need to wash all the vegetables and plums. Then, the bones are removed from the plums and turned into plum puree using a blender or meat grinder.
- Bulgarian and hot peppers are crushed in the same way, and then garlic.
- The prepared mass must be ground through a sieve to achieve maximum homogeneity.
- Next, put the plum sauce on the fire and bring to a boil.
- Then add the necessary spices and salt with sugar according to your taste preferences.
- After that, the tkemali are boiled for another 20 minutes. Then the plum sauce immediately begins to roll. To do this, take only sterilized jars and lids.
Georgians do not prepare tkemali from plums for the winter according to some specific recipe. They often experiment by adding various spices and vegetables to plum sauces. Thus, you can make a wonderful piece of what is on hand. In turn, we also improved the recipe that came from Georgia by adding our favorite spices. Each such sauce is interesting in its own way. In this article, we saw only a few variations of this wonderful delicacy. Be sure to make a few jars of tkemali for the winter. Your family will not let the cooked sauce stand for long.